Thursday, January 1, 2009

Some Pictures of the truck










Here is Santa the truck. We had a snow storm here yesterday, so the is a bunch of snow, ice, sand, and salt all over the truck, so it is hard to tell what is rust and damage, or just crud.










This is a photo really just meant to illustrate the general condition of the frame overall. There is definite surface rust all over the frame, but I haven't noticed any real problem areas. It's hard to tell what the condition really is in this photo, due to build-up of salt residue.










Here is Santa's heart, a throttle body injection, roller cam, Chrysler LA 318ci V-8. 94,xxx miles, and still running strong. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the engine bay when I first opened it up. I really like the idea of those rubber baffles to the left and right of the engine in these trucks.










Here is some mystery item on the left-hand side of the engine bay. I photographed it because one of the rubber hoses connected to it has torn, and become disconnected from wherever it had been before. I don't know what this thing is, as I only have a rudimentary knowledge of engine components, and cannot visually recognize most of the more esoteric accoutrement under the hood. The torn hose looks to me like a vacuum line, but I'm not sure. I will find out when I get the factory service manual.










Here is a partial photo of the interior. There is a lot of junk in the cab, but the carpet, seats, and dashboard are actually in pretty good shape. Someone stole the radio and the transfer case knob while the truck was on Airport road in Hartford, waiting to be sold. A buddy of mine has a car stereo he said he would sell me cheap, but I'm not sure where I can get a new transfer case shifter knob. The four wheel drive indicator panel doesn't currently work, but I'm hoping that's just because the radio was cut out.

That's it for pics today, my hands got painfully cold in a matter of minutes this morning, it was freakin' cold outside! Maybe I'll take some more tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Here is the new topic I began on Ramchargercentral.com as a companion to this blog:

    http://ramchargercentral.com/index.php/topic,116591.0.html

    ReplyDelete